Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:55:04 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup9.freebsd.org and kern_synch.c

John> In article <16139.2623.833461.750331@canoe.velocet.net>, David
John> Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca> wrote:
>> cvsup9.freebsd.org seems to be serving up the wrong version of
>> kern_synch.c ... it delivers 1.224 instead of 1.228 as the latest
>> version (which makes the kernel fail to compile).

John> The best way to report problems with a mirror site is to look up
John> the maintainer of the site in the FreeBSD Handbook and send
John> e-mail to that person.  (It is I, in this case.)

John> I looked at the server logs on cvsup9, and it appears that the
John> problem is on your end (assuming you are at strike.velocet.net).
John> None of your updates are completing.  Check your cvsup
John> client-side logs and see if they point to the cause of the
John> problem.

My logs kept saying that it was re-transfring the file because things
didn't match.  Then I cvsup'd from cvsup4 and everything updated
properly.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert@velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |