Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:15:03 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wake on LAN broken (probably between r290542 - r290606)?

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 05:02:27PM -0800, Yuri wrote:
> Did you confirm (for ex. with Wireshark) that wol actually sends the pack=
et?
> If you are trying to wake the machine that is not booted, this is=20
> primarily dependent on the BIOS of the target machine to wake it up.
> In my experience, BIOSes are prone to losing settings, due to low=20
> battery, or other (sometimes mysterious) reasons.
> Please confirm that BIOS setting "Wake On LAN" is on on target.

I confirmed it by successfully using the /usr/local/bin/wol program on
the target machine when the latter had last been booted to run FreeBSD
stable/10.

Previously, this worked whether the target machine had been running
stable/10 or head; now it only works if it had been running stable/10 at
the time the "shutdown -p now" command was issued.

Peace,
david
--=20
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous coward=
s.

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy

--uCPdOCrL+PnN2Vxy--