Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:06:13 -0300
From:      "X-Ripper" <xripper@itelefonica.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with FreeBSD on ES-40

Greetings all,

=20

I have 4 ES-40 servers in my company and all of them have 4 x 500 Mhz =
CPUs
and memory from 4 Gb to 6 Gb RAM each.

=20

They have 4 Qlogic SCSI adapters and a Mylex DAC960 bundled with the =
server
for a disk shelf configured for RAID-5.

=20

I read that FreeBSD can boot from a raid volume on these controllers but
I=B4ve been trying to install FreeBSD since 4.8 on these servers without =
no
success.

=20

I can boot the install cd, it finds the mylex, shows the raid volume but
when I start the installation to create a slice, it says that no disks =
where
found on the system.

=20

On this list, there is anyone with a similar server and installed =
FreeBSD
with success??? I don=B4t want to put a system disk on a Qlogic =
controller
just to boot and I really want to use the raid volume from the Mylex.

=20

Can anyone help me on this issue??? I can also make any tests for the
community on these machines.

=20

=20

Thanks in advance,