Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:24:11 +0200
From:      Christoph Harder <shadowomf@arcor.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   defaultrouter in rc.conf not working

Hello everybody,

I do have one net interface configured in rc.conf and I do have one defaultrouter="10.0.0.1" entry.
But when booting the system I don't have a matching default route when I enter netstat -r, in fact I don't see any default route.
However when I add the default route by hand using route add default 10.0.0.1 the route work.

I checked the rc.conf for typos, but found none. Can you give me a hint what else might be the problem? Why is FreeBSD not creating the default route on start?

Best regards,
Christoph