Date:      Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:30:33 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 as storage server with raid5?

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:15:48 +0100
Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr> wrote:

> You could use graid3(8) - it has data+parity components like raid5.

What about write performance? Based on RAID3 documentation I have read
(on the 'net, so I cannot vouch for the correctness of it), you will get
worse write performance than with RAID5. Does anybody have some real
numbers here?

> I've  been using it for more than a year now and didn't have problems
> with it.  Didn't have to try recovery from a dead disk also, but
> should work ok.

I would prefer a firsthand "crash" report that tells what happened, and
a step-by-step "here's how I fixed it" guide, but ok. :-)
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,