Date:      Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:21:31 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   what are the plain GUI text editors that use the abbrev [as in vi]?

several months ago i asked this list if there were any =easier= text
editors than vi[m] that had the abbrev ability.

ab u you
ab r are
ab thz	these
ab plz	please

etc.

now that i have my key-click program working--however tententively--
it is time to work on the rest of my 'speech computer' suite.

IIRC, there was at least one--like kate--that was able to use
abbreviations and help those folk who cannot type fast and/or who
are hunt-andd-pek type typist [like me] who never take their eyes
off the keyboard.

i plan on using gvim ((maybe)) and one GUI type editor.  i'm also
requesting ideas.  as many as you guys are willing to share.

tia,

gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix