Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:48:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-emulators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serious problems with StarOffice52

Dear Sirs.

We run a bunch of FreeBSD 4.2 boxes and on our application server
we want to install StarOffice52, to get rid of M$-Office and Windows ...

But I have still nasty problems and hope someone is about to help me a
little bit.

Today I downloaded the staroffice52.tar file from the ports collection,
extracted this file into my default build directory (which is not
/usr/ports) and began a "make all". The installation routine fetched
all the stuff, extracted it and / again, did not install because this
time it prints an error about a missing library, libvos1GCC.so. I searched
the whole directory tree for this or a similar library, but never find
one.

On another machine I tried an installation a few days ago - the same fault,
but one time it worked fine so I got an installation. But I never could
install a user, staroffice always worked as root excellent, but it was
not able to install a user. It seems it is always looking for the root
installation and then it reports that StarOffice is already installed.
I have no chance to install the package as user.

I wonder if I'm the only one with these problems, because on a fresh installed
machine I have exactly the same problems (starting StarOffice as root
works fine, but this is not subject of my doing ...).

As I understand the installation script StarOffice is always installed as
a net installation, but it seems not to be the truth. How to check this?

Has anyone suggestions?
Whats about the missing library?

Thanks for your hints,

Oliver