Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:56:32 -0800
From:      Greg White <gregw-freebsd-stable@greg.cex.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release broken ?

On Tue Jan 01/29/02, 2002 at 05:09:49PM +0100, Marco Wertejuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create bootable iso images but
> when making release I'll get:
> ===> games/adventure
> install -c -s -o root -g games -m 550   adventure /usr/games/hide
> (cd /usr/games; ln -fs dm adventure;  chown -h root:wheel adventure)
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.4" not found
> *** Error code 1
>

> This happens with RELENG_4 Source tree on a RELENG_4 compile host.
> Please tell whether it's my fault or make release is really broken.

It's easy to reproduce this if you're accidentally compiling -CURRENT
for 'make release' instead of -STABLE. I thought I had something broken
in my tree for a month, to my chagrin discovering that I had
fat-fingered 'RELEASETAG' in the script I used to 'make release'. :(
'RELAESETAG' settings have no effect. Double-check this setting, I think
you'll find this is it.

--
Greg White