Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2014 17:18:51 -0400
From:      David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        dweimer@dweimer.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stale NTP software included in FreeBSD (RELEASE/STABLE/CURRENT)

On Sep 4, 2014, at 13:17, dweimer <dweimer@dweimer.net> wrote:

> You can add this to rc.conf, if I am not mistaken, and it will do the =
same thing for ntpd
> ntpd_flags=3D"-I 192.168.1.2"
>=20
> Probably not quite as clean as adding it to the configuration file, =
but gets the job done.

=46rom the 4.2.6 ntpd(1) man page on Mac OS X:

       -I iface, --interface=3Diface
              Listen  on an interface name or address.  This option may =
appear
              an unlimited number of times.

              Open the network address given, or all the addresses  =
associated
              with  the given interface name.  This option may appear =
multiple
              times.  This option also implies not  opening  other  =
addresses,
              except  wildcard  and  localhost.   This  option  is =
deprecated.
              Please consider using the configuration file interface  =
command,
              which is more versatile.

And for ntp.conf:

> interface [listen | ignore | drop] [all | ipv4 | ipv6 | wildcard | =
name | address[/prefixlen]]
>=20
> This command controls which network addresses ntpd opens, and whether =
input is dropped without processing. The first parameter determines the =
action for addresses which match the second parameter. That parameter =
specifies a class of addresses, or a specific interface name, or an =
address. In the address case, prefixlen determines how many bits must =
match for this rule to apply. ignoreprevents opening matching addresses, =
drop causes ntpd to open the address and drop all received packets =
without examination. Multipleinterface commands can be used. The last =
rule which matches a particular address determines the action for it. =
interface commands are disabled if any -I, --interface, -L, or =
--novirtualips command-line options are used. If none of those options =
are used and nointerface actions are specified in the configuration =
file, all available network addresses are opened. The nic command is an =
alias forinterface.

	http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/miscopt.html#interface

So be mindful about that option if you every upgrade.