Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:49:10 -0500
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good DBF/MDX interface for FreeBSD?

I want a way to access a lot of DBF/DBT/MDX files from FreeBSD.  Write
access would be good, but read-only access would probably be ok as
well.  I wish to build command-line and/or web-based interfaces to a
few databases which reside on Windows boxen; I access the files via
smbfs.  I know Perl, and I've seen a DBF add-on for Perl; but I was
not convinced of its stability (admittedly I only read about it
though).  I also don't know how much trouble I'm asking for trying to
share Windows database files with active Windows workstations which
use another program to access them.

Suggestions/recommendations welcome.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@visi.com        http://www.visi.com/~dgl