Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:52:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "David A. Kingsley" <kingsled@enc.edu>
Subject:   no RELENG_3 in my CVSup'd repository?

Howdy,

For many a moon I've been running CVSup nightly to keep my local cvs
repository in sync.  Has worked well all along.

I've been following the discussion here with respect to the problems some
folks have been having with building, checking out, etc. the RELENG_3
sources.  Since this sort of process has been working fine for me all
along for checking out the RELENG_2_2 or -CURRENT sources I didn't expect
to have much trouble.

So, yesterday I did this, usual sort of thing (with CVSROOT pointing at my
local repository, of course):

	cvs co -rRELENG_3 src

... it starts chewing... I notice that it's not actually extracing any
sources into my current directory.  Not wanting to wait for ever, I abort
and do the same but for the module "modules".  It quickly spits back:

	cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag RELENG_3

Further digging makes me wonder if my CVSup supfile is out of date, but
comparison with the current handbook documentation doesn't indicate
anything conclusive.  I'm using this command to keep my repository up to
date:
	/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -P - /etc/cvsupfile

And here is my /etc/cvsupfile:

*default  host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default  prefix=/usr/cvs/FreeBSD
*default  release=cvs
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

distrib
distrib release=self
src-all
cvs-crypto
ports-all
doc-all

This looks okay to me, but I'm not really up to snuff on this stuff.

Is there anything that jumps out here as a reason why my CVS repository
doesn't seem to know about the RELENG_3 tag?  ...or other ideas about what
I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx