Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:51:20 -0500
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 on VMWare in a corporate network; How?

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>

> >> How do I solve this conundrum?
> >

> > You may consider obtaining the DVD ISO to upload to your ESX store;
>  Attach
> > it to the VM's cdrom device and boot to it which starts the installation.
> > Everything you need to build the OS is on the DVD.
>
> I just got that far by myself, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
> I'm afraid that not _everything_ I need is on the DVD though.

My apologies.  I failed to realize you were past OS installation for some
reason.

I'm unable to help with your current circumstances, but you could build a
custom DVD ISO containing the packages you're looking for (This is
something I've done with previous FreeBSD releases, but not yet in 10.x
with pkg(8)).  I bet there's probably other ways to deal with this, but I'd
have to defer to the list.

--
Take care
Rick Miller