Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:34:20 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [HEADS-UP] Ports QAT and redports.org are back!

Hello Porters,

I'm happy to announce that our Ports QAT and redports.org are
back in action. Both systems were taken offline due to the incident
in November last year even though they were not directly affected.
A security review and a reinstallation from scratch including some
changes were performed to improve security. The resulting user
visible changes are:

- All password hashes on redports.org were deleted so you need
to use the "Password lost" functionality to get a new password
via mail. Beware the email check is case sensitive and I have seen
many people use "@FreeBSD.org" for their email addresses.
If you have problems or forgotten your password please contact me.

- Please recover your account by 28th February because after that
all non recovered accounts will be deleted. (cleanup)

- Registration on redports.org is temporary disabled. It will be re-
enabled in March.

- Ports QAT and redports.org are separate machines now. Ports
QAT is available only via https on his own subdomain
https://qat.redports.org/

so they are now public.

- svn.redports.org is only available via https - http is gone.

- IPv6 is currently unavailable but should hopefully come back in
a few weeks.

- IRC bot is gone. Not sure yet if we will be able to bring it back.

- Two additional backends from the Foundation are currently being
prepared. They should go online pretty soon.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in getting both systems back and
especially to Brad Davis for all of his work behind the scenes!
Sorry to all users that it took us 3 months to get back in action and
thanks that you all were so patient while we sorted that out.

Contact:
https://redports.org/
https://qat.redports.org/

https://twitter.com/redports