Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        malte@webmore.com
Cc:        kline@tera.com, kline@thought.org, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11 problem?

According to Malte Lance:
> Maybe /etc/login.conf bites you.

	Hm, any suggestion as to which entry?  Everything is set to
	the defaults.  Same on both systems.  No problem on the 6x86
	platform.

> > Warning: Cannot convert string "True    " to type Boolean
>
> Here you have a Xresources-problem
> Have a look into ~/.Xresources

	Thanks; found an entry:

Whatever.resource	True\n

that I changed to

Whatever.resource	true\n

	The other boolean variables were all lowercase.  I remember
	this warning from years ago.  A day or so ago I checked every
	File in my ${X11LIB}/app-defaults/ and didn't see anything.
	I missed ~/.Xresources files.   You may have cleared up a
	mystery... :-)

	Anyhow, back to the W32 problem, one of the XFree86 people
	tells me that the W32 server has known flaws.  ((I read some
	of them.  This one may not have been reported until now.))

	So: waiting for more information.  This bug looks unrelated
	to anything in 2.2.6.  Dunno... .

	thanks for your input,

	gary

> Malte
> On 01-Jun-98 Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >   Late last week after upgrading my P90 box to 2.2.6 I began running
> >   into problems with netscape, chimera, and mosaic.  --But not, strangely,
> >   the w3 browser in XEmacs.
> >
> >   When trying to read certain web pages the entire window manager
> >   would crash and after several moments I'd be looking at a new xdm
> >   login screen.

	[[ ... ]]