Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:53:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        Jim Mauney <jmauney@nr.infi.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD 2.1R + IBM V/P - Keyboard = Windows NT?

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Jim Mauney wrote:

> During boot, the NumLock key toggles the LCD a few times
>  but stops working prior to loading the console driver.  After
> boot, no keyboard key is active.  Telnet sessions from other
> machines work fine and login messages get displayed on
> the telnet server console - the IBM V/P.  Strange!
>
> My questions is "How anyone solved this problem"?

This sounds like a problem I ran into recently.  sc0 has an option that
cleared it up nicely for me.  Try adding "options ASYNCH" to your kernel.

Dave

David Walton                                     Unix Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503