Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:40:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steven Davidson <sdn@sprintlabs.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24049: SO5.2 fails to install on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR ports/24049; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steven Davidson <sdn@sprintlabs.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com,
	mb@imp.ch
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:47:30 -0800

 FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

 It appears that others are not having problems.
 Why does Staroffice install for everyone but me?

 Here are the results after a fresh 4.2-RELEASE install:

 % setenv CD_MOUNTPT /cdrom
 % make -DWITH_CDROM

 ===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 -
 found
 ===>  Extracting for staroffice-5.2
 >> Checksum OK for staroffice52/soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.
 >> Checksum OK for staroffice52/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.
 glibc version: 2.1.2
  extracting files please wait...
 ===>  Patching for staroffice-5.2
 ===>  Configuring for staroffice-5.2

 So far, so good.  Now,
 % make -DWITH_CDROM install
 ===>  Installing for staroffice-5.2
 StarOffice 5.2 Personal Install How-To

 Written by:      Darren Wiebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>
                  and Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>

 You will very shortly have finished  a network install of StarOffice
 5.2.
 Once that is done exit X11 and run it again as the user that you usually
 use.
 Then run "make install-user" and do a standard workstation install.
 Change the install path to $HOME/office52. Then add $HOME/office52/ to
 your path.

 It will now be ready to use.

 Good Luck

 glibc version: 2.1.2
 /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52/work/tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in
 No such file or directory
 *** Error code 1 (ignored)

 An error occured during StarOffice5.2 install. Please send a mail with
 debug-output and
 some information about your FreeBSD-environment to mb@imp.ch. Thanks.

 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.