Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:19:23 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php4 extensions

Grant Peel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> IU ran the php4-extensions a while back, but now a client is
> asking for curl to be installed.
>
> When I run php4-extensions, it says that it (php4-extensions)
> is already installed.
>
> How to I reconfigure it to load the GUI so I can install curl?
>
> Als0,
>
> I presume after that php4 will have to be re maked and installed to
> include the curl libraries?
>
> I am using php as a dynamic mod in Apache (2.1) if that makes and
> difference.
>
> -Thanks,
>
> Grant

I'm thinking most of your assumptions above are correct.  I'd
try something like this (as root):

$cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions

$make config

$make FORCE_PACKAGE_REGISTER="YES" install clean

This should allow you to add curl to your configuration
(in 'make config') and then rebuild and force installation
of the extensions.

Try a brief PHP CLI test afterwards ... I don't know whether
or not there's a chance that you may get duplicate
entries in php.ini and/or extensions.ini as a result of
this ... I had a recent (very minor) issue on a devel
machine as a result of some operation (but I can't
recall if it was a reconfig/reinstall or a plain portupgrade
or something) where I received some messages of the
ilk "'foo.so' already loaded in module Unknown on line 0"
caused by duplicate entiries in extensions.ini ... but
I'm not sure what caused this to happen.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
Fortune favors the lucky.