Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:34:06 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdd missing file

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Bob Martin wrote:
> Walter Brameld wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to compile /usr/ports/audio/cdd but having no success. It
> > says it is missing file scsiio.h which is nowhere on my system. I'd
> > like to be able to rip my cd's without having to switch back to
> > Winbloze. Has anyone been able to install this port?
> >
> > BTW, I have an ATAPI cdrom drive.
> >
> CDD requires a SCSI cd-rom. I think that both bladeenc and mp3encode
> will work with ATAPI.
> Try make search key=mp3 and key=encode from the root of the ports tree.
>
> There are also several open source rippers that work under BSD. Check
> out mp3.com.
>
> Good hunting.
>
> Bob

Supposedly cdd supports ATAPI drives also. I've managed to do what I
want by writing a simple script that used cdda2wav and bladeenc. I have
to manually rename the output files and write the ID3 tags, but that's
no big deal.

I will check out mp3.com though. Thanks for the info.

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    Where the hell am I?