Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:41:52 -0500
From:      <iggdawg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I start a GUI application through SSH

I usually do this by leaving a terminal window in X open.  call it P0.
 then I run watch

watch -oW p0

and run the app I want to pop up.  I can;t control the app, but it
executes on the desktop.  not terribly handy, but it would have some
applications I guess.

I would like to be able to start an X application through ssh.  I want the
app to actually run on my local box (meaning I want the window to pop up
on the box that I am ssh-ing to), but I just want to be able to start it
remotely.  Can someone help me figure out how to do this?