Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:49:11 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc 4.3: when will it become standard compiler?

According to Steve Kargl:
> Probably not for a very long time.  gcc 4.3 requires both GMP and
> MPFR libraries.  Neither library is in src.

I do not know what MPFR is (something about FP, right?) but I wonder at why
GMP could be needed by a compiler...

Considering the amount of effort Apple is putting into llvm, I think this
is the way to go.  I'm not sure whether going with llvm-gcc4 is worth it
although it would get us in bed with llvm faster.

Go Roman! :)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Dons / donation Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/