Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 04:21:06 -0400
From:      Jason P <steelr@apk.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   just a quick one promise!!!

--------------A700EBA71321BFB775538CF8

hi, i've been reading alot of ducumentation on frebsb and it looks seems as though it is superior to most
os's.  I'm currently using win95 on a 486dx4/100 and I spend hours a day on the net.  Also spending alot
of time on the irc.  I was just wondering (and I know this is gonna be a real stupid question,but charm
me!)   If I install bsd on my pc will i have
to get rid of win95?? (my girlfriend will kill me)  and if not then wouldnt I have to partition
my hard drive??  From spending some time in irc I'm finding out just how volnurable win95's winsock's are
and everybody tells me to switch to linux or dont come on irc
they declared war with nukes,floods,bots etc...and they will always win....so I need the
security but more important i need the knowledge of source code....never even saw it...
windows has kept me in the dark long enough........Be honest, is this an operating sys
that a newbie like me can cope with or is it just to much for someone who really does'nt
know the inner working's of a pc....cuz i really do wanna learn...

--------------A700EBA71321BFB775538CF8

<HTML>
hi, i've been reading alot of ducumentation on frebsb and it looks seems
as though it is superior to most os's.&nbsp; I'm currently using win95
on a 486dx4/100 and I spend hours a day on the net.&nbsp; Also spending
alot of time on the irc.&nbsp; I was just wondering (and I know this is
gonna be a real stupid question,but charm me!)&nbsp;&nbsp; If I install
bsd on my pc will i have
<BR>to get rid of win95?? (my girlfriend will kill me)&nbsp; and if not
then wouldnt I have to partition
<BR>my hard drive??&nbsp; From spending some time in irc I'm finding out
just how volnurable win95's winsock's are and everybody tells me to switch
to linux or dont come on irc
<BR>they declared war with nukes,floods,bots etc...and they will always
win....so I need the
<BR>security but more important i need the knowledge of source code....never
even saw it...
<BR>windows has kept me in the dark long enough........Be honest, is this
an operating sys
<BR>that a newbie like me can cope with or is it just to much for someone
who really does'nt
<BR>know the inner working's of a pc....<B><I><U>cuz i really do wanna
learn</U></I></B>...</HTML>

--------------A700EBA71321BFB775538CF8--