Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:52:42 -0500
From:      Tony <tbrock@mail.phoenix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 / GNOME problem

This sounds like a video driver issue.  Any distorts on the console?  Black
screen?  I had this same problem for a while, put in a different video card and
things became significantly more stable.  Also, try weeding out things like
GNOME, KDE and enlightenment.  Give something smaller like windowmaker a try
for a while to see if the problem is appearant there.  Add a swap file.  I
don't have a real answer.  Nothing but speculation here.

Tony