Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Erik Gault" <e@gaultopia.org>
To:        <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Building x11/gnome from ports

i was able to get it to build a few weeks ago by independently building
the guile-gnome package and then installing x11/gnome.  i may have
done some other minor fiddling, i can't remember exactly, but i was
able to get it to build.  sorry i don't have more detailed information...

erik

> While trying to install x11/gnome from the ports tree, one of its
> runtime dependancies is x11-toolkits/guile-gnome which fails to
build.
> It dies with the following:
>
> -----
> ===>  Building for guile-gnome-0.20_3
> make  all-recursive
> Making all in guile-gnome
> Making all in zvt
> Making all in bonobo
> Making all in gtkhtml
> guile -l ../../guile-gtk/gtk/config.scm -s
> ./../../guile-gtk/build-guile-gtk -I ../../guile-gtk glue
> ./gtkhtml.defs > .tmpg  && mv .tmpg gtkhtml-glue.c
> ERROR: In procedure open-file:
> ERROR: No such file or directory: "../../guile-gtk/gtk/config.scm" ***
> Error code 2
>
> Stop in

/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/guile-gnome/work/gnome-guile-0.20/guile-gno
me/gtkhtml.
> *** Error code 1
> -----
>
> There is still an open PR ports/29463 but thats a compilation
problem.

> This seems to be parsing a file called ../../guile-gtk/gtk/config.scm
> which doesn't exist, ../../guile-gtk/gtk/config.scm.in exists though
> and if you try to use it, errors, ERROR: Unbound variable:
> @USING_LTDL_SCM@ appear.
>
> Any ideas?  The ports tree is cvsupped off RELEASE_4_4_0
yesterday.