Date:      13 Aug 2001 14:52:50 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netcape Browser [RANT]

>> >Does "Netscape" run poperly on FreeBSD v4.3?
>>
>> No, it doesn't. It's a pile of junk.

ACH> 	Funny... it works fine on my FreeBSD systems.

Funny thing is that Netscape runs pretty well (only rare crash) from
my own account.  If I log in using my wife's account on my
workstation, netscape crashes immediately.  Not a clue why -- even
cleaned out her entire .netscape directory.

Personally, I run mostly in Opera these days since it is wicked fast.
However, I have issues with it ignoring "no-cache" on some documents,
necessitating a reload.  And lack of Java is sometimes painful, but
then having Java is painful, too. ;-)

Konquerer is pretty good, but even on a Pentium III 450, it is dog
slow, and the JavaScript implementation sucks big time.  This is
really bad, since JavaScript is more or less mandatory for many sites
these days.  If it were as fast as Opera and javascript didn't fail so
often, I would use it exclusively.

Right now, I've got Netscape, Opera, and Konquerer all running on my
desktop at the same time, visiting different pages for different
purposes.  Netscape is slowly going away from my desktop, though.