Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 06:55:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      jfesler@gigo.com
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which DHCP client

> NOTE that unlike the WIDE client, the ISC client defaults to overwriting
> your /etc/resolv.conf file.  In my case, an action that pisses me off
> because I now have to write a messy /etc/dhclient.conf file to stop this
> nonsence.

On the flip side, you'll be able to set things the way you want (and make
them *very* easy to find, versus the man page).  There are sites that
need/should  to pick up DNS off the dhcp server.  Especially when the
campus moves the name servers around without telling the dhcp users :-).
They'll have the knob it takes to turn that (back) on.