Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:28:10 -1000
From:      Werner Thie <werner@thieprojects.ch>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>,  "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/u-boot-beaglebone-eabi port fails to build

Hi Tim

On 28/01/14 16:44, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> The following needs to be added to the build commands in the Makefile:
>
>       HOSTCC=cc
>
> As Jeroen pointed out, without this the U-Boot build system tries to use ‘gcc’ unconditionally to build the pieces that run on the build host.  Those pieces do not specifically require any GCC-specific features, so they should use ‘cc’ to use whatever native compiler is available.
>
> Apologies for this being broken for so long…  Not sure when I’ll get back to it…  if anyone wants to take over this port, please be my guest.

No problem, just thought I follow the recommendation given when
crochet.sh starts up.

But in the meantime I've another one:

installworld fails in mtree with

mtree: unknown user `unbound'

After some digging I found the thread

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-October/045207.html

talking extensively about DB_FROM_SRC, the exchange was triggered by
cross building

I tried to pass this as -DDB_FROM_SRC in config.sh

# You can specify options for both buildworld and installworld:
FREEBSD_WORLD_EXTRA_ARGS="-DDB_FROM_SRC"

to no avail. The log shows:

mtree -deU -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.var.dist -p
/home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work/_.mount.freebsd/var
mtree: unknown user `unbound'
mtree: failed at line 96 of the specification

The user 'unbound' exists in /etc/passwd as well as in /etc/master.passwd.

I'm on

FreeBSD xtools 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789

upgraded from 9.2

Mahalo, Werner