Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 21:08:45 -0500
From:      Rick Murphy <rick@tis.com>
To:        "Pat McPartland" <mcp@blast.net>
Cc:        <fwtk-support@tis.com>, "FBSD questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing tfwtk-2.0

At 03:34 PM 4/1/97 -0500, Pat McPartland wrote:
>pass.c:39: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
The FWTK authserver password authentication code uses "crypt()" to
perform a secure one-way hash of a password. Due to export restrictions,
FreeBSD doesn't have a crypt() function but it does have equivalent
code (that uses MD5 if I recall). You'll need to replace the crypt() calls
in pass.c with something that's delivered with FreeBSD.
Why I'm copying this to the FreeBSD list is that I'll be happy to make
the changes conditionally compiled in the FWTK code if someone just tells
me what the changes are :-)
	-Rick