Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:28:39 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE Frozen for 4.7

In message <20020905175412.B40227@freebsdmall.com>, Murray Stokely
writes:
>   We've prepared a small testing guide that highlights some of the
> recent changes.  This guide is only a starting point, and the full
> release notes provide a better overall picture of whats new in this
> release :
>
>        http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/qa.html
>
>   If you are experiencing any problems with -STABLE then by all means
> speak up now!

... or forever hold your peace.

Well, if it's put that way, make release will die because the GENERIC
kernel will not fit on a floppy image. I've yet to determine what I
think we should cut from the GENERIC kernel to make it fit, except to
say that the GENERIC kernel should go on some kind of calorie
restricted diet (no more bytes for the kernel) to prepare for the big
day.

--
Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766