Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 95 13:22:25 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (Andrew A. Chernov, Black Mage)
Cc:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, phk@ref.tfs.com, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr
Subject:   Re: CVS stuff

> >> 0xff is valid russian letter and I already do basic things
> >> in source tree to handle it correctly. If you know any code
> >> confused, please tell me.
>
> >Any code that uses a signed character as an lvalue for a getch/getc, and
> >then checks for -1.
>
> >Presumably, the response will be "that code is broken".
>
> I know about this thing, of course. Do you know any particular
> FreeBSD program which use this thing?

No, or it would be fixed, I'd think -- or at least complained about.

Maybe the question to be asked is "do I know of any code that is used on
FreeBSD, but isn't maintained by FreeBSD, which uses this thing".  The
answer to that question is "Yes.  Lots of code is available which is not
yet internationalized, but which is 8-bit clean except for 0x00 and 0xff".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.