Date:      17 Feb 2002 19:51:00 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net>
Cc:        Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>, <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: in-kernel HTTP Server for FreeBSD?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net> writes:
> > > zero-copy means "zero copy-operations within memory"
> > To an MCSE, maybe.
> strange ...
> [...]

So what would you call direct DMA from the disk controller to the
network adapter?  Minus-one-copy?  And even in the sendfile(2) case,
data sometimes *is* copied in-core to satisfy alignment requirements
etc.  Stop using buzzwords just because they give you a woody.

(and yes, even a Dr. Scient can be mistaken.  Papers don't make you
smart, you know - though I wouldn't expect someone who brags about
being an MCSE and MCNE to understand that)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org