Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:25:26 -0600
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        Jason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Questions

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:07:35PM -0000, Jason Halbert wrote:
> I'm having a problem with
> people trying to log into my box.  If I add a host, say ".home.com",
> will the people in that domain have ANY access to my box?  As in, will
> ANY type of connection from a person in that domain be denied?

What are you adding a host to?

Usally users need a password and userbame in order to log in.

> Also, a friend of mine that works for a Fortune500 company has Solaris
> boxes.  He was recently hacked.  The intruder apparently moved /usr to
> somewhere else.  Now his box boot but since there is no /usr he can't
> do anything at all.  Is that also the case with FreeBSD?

Well, if you lost you /usr directory, then yes. There is nothing in /usr
that is needed for booting. Most executables are located in /usr though.

 - v
--
Victor R. Cardona
vcardona@home.com

                "Behold the keyboard of Kahless, the greatest Klingon
                  code warrior that ever lived!"