Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:54:05 +0200
From:      Henri-Pierre Charles <Henri-Pierre.Charles@teaser.fr>
To:        Ben Kaduk <minimarmot@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audio CD's in SCSI drives -- syntax?

Le Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 04:50:00PM -0500, Ben Kaduk me disait :
> In particular, I am looking at this page:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-mp3.html
> For example, in its discussion of the use of cdda2wav, it uses devices
> by their SCSI unit numbers, but I presume that one could also point it
> at /dev/cd0 (since /dev/acd0 works just fine) -- is this true?

Yes, you could also have a look at audio/tosha for scsi drive.

> The section also mentions that dd(1) can be used to extract audio
> tracks from ATAPI drives.  Is it (still) true that SCSI drives do not
> export the individual tracks as device nodes (e.g. ATAPI drives offer
> /dev/acd0t01)?

I don't know if it's still true, but usually the handbook is uptodate :
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html#DUPLICATING-AUDIOCDS

H-P

--
% Henri-Pierre.Charles@teaser.fr