Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:46:39 +0100
From:      Mats Lindbeg <mats.w.lindberg@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sched_setscheduler() gives errno EPERM

All,
I have a small program that simply changes the scheduling policy to SCHED_RR=
 with sched_setscheduler and then exec's into another program. This worked f=
ine in FBSD 5.x and 6.x. Now when I'm migrating to 8.1 I get EPERM from the t=
he setscheduler call.
I have learned that If I start the same program with 'rtprio' it is allowed t=
o change the scheduler. Strange to me - since I have always run it as root. W=
hat is the policy in 8.1?? Can this behavior be circumvented somehow? Some s=
ysctl?
regards=20
/Mats=