Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 20:03:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        yossman@yale.canweb.net (The YossMan)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USR sportster dialin problems w/PPP

> I have been trying for almost two weeks straight now to get dialin PPP
> working with some success.  I am using USR's 28k8 Sporsters with the 33k6
> upgrade.
>
> In any case I am getting extremely frustrated with the entire effort
> here.

I've had similar problems with 33.6 Sportsters, and in fact, have never
gotten them to work as well as any other modem I've tried.

In the exact same config, Supra, ZyXEL, RDDP, Cardinal, and various
generic Rockwell modems all work great.  Pop the Sportster 33.6 on
there is all sorts of weird problems.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com