Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:30:48 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        "Gary D. Kline" <kline@thought.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network routing problems at boot...

Please confirm that booting hangs exactly after showing ifconfig line.
If it does later for example on sendmail then it may be reverse lookup problem.

"Gary D. Kline" wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 03:45:32PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Ralph Strohschein wrote:
> >
> > > Why does your loopback device have the 10.0.0.1 address?
> >
> > This is normal, 10.0.0.1 is the local IP anyway, might as well speed it up
> > by rouging thorugh lo.
> >

>    Hm.  None of this explains why the boot hangs after:
>
> ed2: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>      inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255
>      ether 00:20:78:14:25:03
>
>   If I'm missing some routing lines, why is this showing up only now?
>   Prev'ly, both systems came up normally.  ``sage'' still does; not this
>   box.
>
>   gary
>

> --
>    Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain
system administrator             virtual money ö%-)
+380442448363