Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:17:12 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amq -v

In message <Pine.BSF.4.31.0101250119460.72776-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.a
c.at>,
Gerald Pfeifer writes:
> I haven't received any response to this.
>
> If I should file this somewhere else, please let me know. (Or am I
> just wasting time, yours and mine, reporting issues like this??)
>
> Gerald
>
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > ...on my FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE systems prints
> >
> >   % amq -v
> >   [...]
> >   Built by root@bento.FreeBSD.org on date Mon Nov 20 11:26:50 GMT 2000.
> >   cpu=i386 (little-endian), arch=i386, karch=i386.
> >   full_os=freebsd4.2-BETA, os=freebsd4, osver=4.2-BETA, vendor=unknown.
> >                     ^^^^^                        ^^^^^
> >
> > which is not really correct.
> >
> > I believe this should be fixed for future releases.

I noticed this too.  After applying David O'Brien's pthread patch and
building world again, e.g. I didn't cvsup a new source tree, it now
says freebsd4.2-RELEASE.  What I think is happening, w/o looking at the
source, is that full_os and osver are obtained from the system that amd
was built on, not the system it was built for.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC