Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:23:06 +0100
From:      "Daniel Ruthardt" <daniel@dowee.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linux-jdk1.3.0

Hi!

I have written a chatserver in java and want to start it on my FreeBSD 4.2
server. As on windows, i am using jdk1.3 (linux version) on my FreeBSD
server to. Beside the classes located in jdk's src.jar i am using the
classes located in mysql.jar. Within the chatserver i load the mysql driver
using Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"). On windows everything is
alricht, but on FreeBSD java throws a ClassNotFoundException, wich means,
that the file mysql.jar could not be founde in the java classpath, wich is
NOT possible at all, cause the java classpath is specified in .chsrs as well
as directly using -classpath.

Is there anyone out there, who encountered the same problem?

greetings,
Daniel