Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:08:01 -0500
From:      Sean Shilton <sshilton@ascend.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3com 3c905 TX

I have a dell pentium II 266 with a 3com 3c905 TX 10/100BT network
card.  I am running nfs mounts from a Sun Ultra Sparc 2 (running solaris
2.5.1)  When i have the freebsd machine conencted to a 10/100bt switch
(bay networks 350t) the freebsd machine will hang (only ctrl+alt+del or
a hard boot will reset the box) when i try to do an ls on my home
directory which has +100 indavidual listings.  When the freebsd machine
is plugged into a regular 10bt hub, i have no problems with any of the
nfs mounts, and doing a ls on my home directory works fine.  The device
Freebsd is using for the nic card is vx0.  I was wondering if there was
either an updated driver for that nic card, or if there was a way to
increase buffering with NFs so that the machine will not hang when i use
the 100bt connection.
--
Thanks
Sean Shilton