Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:57:49 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ports]: GH_TAGNAME: how to figure out this tagname on downloadable archives?

On 10/15/17 12:47, O. Hartmann wrote:
> all right, that is what I picked up from the porter's handbook, but I must have
> overlooked the note (if there is anything like that) regarding the sufficient first 7
> digits.

If you look at other ports, most use 7 digits.

> I tried this earlier (yes, and I do also a make makesum ;-))), but I get a complete
> different "structure" right now - no tarball which contains exactly OpenCL 2.1 or OpenCL
> 2.2 (the one I'd like to download), but a complete hierarchie of the CL sources, starting
> from OpenCL 1.0 to OpenCL 2.2. Either, there has been a change in the way OpenCL headers
> are provided, or there is a magic trick to download, depending on the GH_TAGNAME, a
> tarball ending in "*_GH0.tar.xz"

The version downloaded using GH_TAGNAME should have the same structure
as releases, unless the project structure itself has been radically
changed between releases. The top folder name is going to be different
for GH_TAGNAME. A release is just an alpa-numeric tag in a sequence of
commits, nothing more.

Yuri