Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:19:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        smp@csn.net, tom@sdf.com
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, dave@persprog.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fastest possible FreeBSD system?

>  I hope I am wrong, but I don'e expect to see the PPro go past 200mHz.
>  If they do, expect the prices to be rediculous!

Intel has announced that the 200 MHz is the fastest PPro they will make.
The also said they will make a new 1024K cache version of the PPro for
the multiprocessor people, but if memory serves me, the expected price
was something near $2000! This information should be available in their
web page.

--mark.