Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:49:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>, Steve Lewis <nepolon@systray.com>, "James E. Pace" <jepace@pobox.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Scaling Apache?

Perhaps if enough of us send an email to Slashdot about this site they
will link to it... get a Slashdot effect going on it all day.  I would
really like to see how it handle it.  I would also like to know what
hardware they happen to be using.

I would also like to know what hardware they happen to be using.  The OS
is FreeBSD.

http://www.netcraft.com/whats/?host=apache-two-oh.covalent.net&Examine=Wait..

Of course you can always install a benchmarking tool and hit that site
with it and see how it performs.  Still, you do not know the server
hardware, which will influence all results.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com