Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:48:23 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   nogo - running old binaries

During the short period I had installed a 5.0-current on one of my boxes
I noticed that several binaries I had in /usr/local/bin. Some filters, ttcp,
lpd infilters and some stuff I kept over time no longer ran. Although
they were recognized as FreeBSD/i386 compact demand paged dynamically linked
binary or something like that it could not be run. Not that a shared lib was
flagged as missing. Simply kernel could not run binary or something.

Does FreeBSD no longer like its grand parents?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de