Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:32:51 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 110523 for review

Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:47:53 +0100):

> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 06:06:54PM +0000, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=110523
> >
> > Change 110523 by netchild@netchild_magellan on 2006/11/25 18:06:38
> >
> > 	semi-automatic style(9)
> >
> > Affected files ...
> >
> > .. //depot/projects/linuxolator/src/sys/compat/linux/linux_futex.c#7 edit
> > .. //depot/projects/linuxolator/src/sys/compat/linux/linux_futex.h#2 edit
>
> I dont think this is wise.. this file is taken from netbsd and we want to
> be as much compatible with them as possible. pls back-out

I did send the patch to manu@netbsd. I'm sure they are interested in
the space -> tabs and space at the end of the line fixes too. When you
look at the file you will notice that I fixed several lines which
diverged from the rest of the file. And when you look at the diff
between the NetBSD version and our version, you will notice that
several of the style(9) fixes are in the code you changed.

Apart from that, if you want to compare files coming from outside our
tree which contain whitespace fixes you can use "-bB" as options to
diff. I did it (15KB diff) and it shows a lot of lines which changed,
but none of them because of pure whitespace changes.

Some statistics:
The "diff -ubB netbsd freebsd" contains 313 lines starting with a +
(340 without the "-bB"), 108 with a - (135 without the "-bB"), the
NetBSD file has a total of 330 lines (8KB), our file has a total of 535
lines (12KB).

I would say our file already diverged a lot and and a lot of the
whitespace changes are done where we already diverged. OK?

Additionally AFAIK kib@ wants to work a little bit more on the futexes.
I don't know when and how much, but it sounded like our version of the
file will/may change.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.