Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BX-based boards [was Re: Dual PP MB of choice?]

Anybody tried the new BX-based boards?  I see both Intel and
Supermicro boards being offered for sale, although I don't
know how long you would have to wait in line to actually take
delivery.  I'm curious because I have an application which
appreciates higher memory bandwidth, and the BX boards may
(or may not - I haven't seen any test results) have greater
bandwidth, especially if you run the memory bus at 100 MHz.
[8ns "PC100" SDRAM required for this].  Anybody running
FreeBSD on such a board yet?  Any gotchas?

--
 Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-21,    ASCII Email: hlamaster@mail.arc.nasa.gov
 NASA Ames Research Center     Or:          lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov