Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:40:58 +0200
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr>
To:        <rcraig@fsegura.com>, "'Edwin Groothuis'" <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SETIATHOME PORT

"Rob Craig" <rcraig@fsegura.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Had had loads of problems over the last few days. Looks like the problem is
> related to the work unit. Same symptoms as before. TOP reporting SETIATHOME
> at 96% but not doing anything. Killing the service and restarting does
> nothing. I deleted the work unit and it then grabs another and works??
>
> Should I do edit my files as you say below?

If you didn't edited them yet, this may help to see what's happen.
if you have some trace of what's happen, please, post them.
however, if this problem is really related to how setiathome works
inside, I'll not be able to do something, since we don't have access
to the sources. so, in this case, a bug report would have to be sent
using the "bug report form" at http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/help.html

PS : the only thing I can do is to add a keyword to the startup script
to delete the current work unit and eventually another keyword to check
if the current work unit is still alive (well, I don't really know how
to do this, this I can't reproduce anything, do you have any idea about
that ?).

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net