Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 2015 17:23:10 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   swap questions freebsd11/arm6

Hello list,

sorry about all my questions. I'm learning, honest.

OK I found that having a swapfile after the fact, makes it not appear in
top. It seemed that some of the system saw the swap at /usr/swap0 but
other parts didn't use it. So in an effort to get around this, I
got another spare usb stick and put swap on it. The stick is 16GB.

I now get the folllowing in messages:

Sep  8 15:26:34 potato kernel: warning: total configured swap (3906304 pages)
exceeds maximum recommended amount (223328 pages).
Sep 8 15:26:34 potato kernel: warning: increase kern.maxswzone or reduce
amount of swap.

Thing is, I'd quite like a huge amount of swap given the following:

1. not too concerned about speed here, as long as it's stable
2. things like svnlite choke on many writes

There's not much documentation about kern.maxswzone. I put the
following in /boot/loader.conf :

kern.maxswzone=3906304

it still complains.

Please can anyone give pointers how to fix this?
thanks,
--
John