Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 07:50:17 -0400
From:      "Jeffrey M. Metcalf" <metcalf@snet.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        metcalf@synapse.bms.com
Subject:   Q: How to create a FreeBSD fs on Iomega Zip 100?

Hello,

I recently got an Iomega SCSI Zip 100 drive and would like to put a
FreeBSD UFS partition on it that is as large as possible.  I was
wondering if anyone had a canned method for doing this.  My
understanding is that I need the followingthree steps:

1.  Write fdisk partition label (or is it pfdisk?)
2.  Use disklabel
3.  Use newfs (possibly tunefs)

I would need help mostly with the first two steps (what are the proper
options for the Iomega 100 Zip media for the appropriate commands in
steps 1 and 2?)

It seems to me that the command line options should be pretty standard
for the Iomega Zip 100 media.

Thank You,

JM
--