Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:43:10 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: today's CURRENT lockups

Possibly related, possibly not: I've been dealing with this kind-of
behaviour (hard locks, no drop-to-ddb/kdb, no panics, etc.) for about
one or two weeks.  Witnessed under both SCHED_ULE *and* SCHED_4BSD.
WITNESS*/INVARIANT* makes no difference.  ACPI is enabled, as is SMP.
Tried moving from MPS rev 1.4 to 1.1 in the BIOS, no difference.

SuperMicro SuperServer 5013C-T (SuperMicro P4SCE); single P4 2.6,
1GB DDR400, SATA 150 (non-RAID, single drive).

Historically HTT has been enabled in the BIOS, but as of today I've
gone back to SCHED_4BSD and disabled HTT in the BIOS (with SMP still
enabled in the kernel).

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |