Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 21:00:27 -0700
From:      Nate Puri <natepuri@office.ompages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 pppd-enable gateway="yes"--help

Hi all,

I'm missing something basic here.

I have a 4.0 box set up to use pppd to dial-up an isp, and I want to use
this box as the LAN router as well.

I have 'enable_gateway="YES"' in the rc.conf.

I've tried a few different rc.conf entries for natd and firewall as well;
however, my clients do not see the internet (i.e., cannot ping anything).

I've configured my bsd box simply with the ifconfig and route add default
commands.  And my win98 boxes by setting the gateway entry in the network
control panel dialog.  There are no problems with my chatscript, the pppd box
can ping everything fine.  What have I missed?

I simply want my fbsd box to route packets from the dc0 to ppp0 over the
LAN to the internet.  I want to use pppd, because it works better in
'persist' mode.  Thanks in advance for all the help...

-Nate