Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:38:50 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "bahwi" <bahwi@technologist.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FrontPage questions

From: bahwi <bahwi@technologist.com>
> Hello, we are having a problem with frontpage from the apache13-fp port.
> I was hoping someone could help. When frontpage code is called it
> gives a segmentation fault.

Which FP code (fpexe)?

> httpd: child pid 1554 exit signal Segmentation on fault (11)
>
> Can anyone help? Apache is 1.3.3 on a 2.2.6-STABLE machine from the
> apache13-fp port. Thanks. Please reply privately.

When I had first created this port and used the suexec program (no
modifications), then Segmentation faults would occure.  Because suexec could
not obtain any files system stats on the directory where fpexe is located.

Are you using suexec, and was it compiled and installed by the Apache13-FP
port?  If it wasn't you need to re-compile the Apache13-FP port and define
at least SUEXEC.

make configure/install -DSUEXE [-DHTTPD_USER=<user server runs as>]

Scot